A printable version of my resume can be downloaded here.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Science – Communications, June 2012
Concentration in Animal Science
Account Executive, broadhead. June 2012 – present
- Manage daily operations for clients with budgets from $25,000 – $500,000 at a full-service agricultural advertising agency.
- Develop social media and content strategy for clients, write creative briefs for advertising activities and manage budgets.
- Participate in integrated account planning for new and existing clients and assist in the development of new business.
Institute for Advanced Advertising Studies, 4A’s Twin Cities February – May 2013
- Developed a fully-integrated advertising campaign to re-launch legacy candy brand, Pearson’s Salted Nut Roll.
- Attended 14 lectures with advertising leaders covering topics such as account planning and digital content strategy.
- Presented integrated plan to CEO of Pearson’s Candy Company, finishing second in scored competition.
Guest Blogger, AgWeb.com January 2012
- Posted 7 blogs chronicling a week-long experiment with veganism, focusing on agricultural views for a national audience.
- Recorded 2 video blogs to supplement written blogs.
- Worked with AgWeb.com editorial team to develop promotion and content schedule.
Editor, Ag Circle magazine June 2011 – June 2012
- Developed story ideas, created layouts, edited copy, conducted interviews, wrote stories and managed social media.
- Worked with editorial team to incorporate a new advertising strategy into the magazine, produced 3 times per year.
- Educated students about editing processes and AP Style.
Editor, Cal Poly College of Agriculture Open House Magazine December 2011 – April 2012
- Coordinated student writers, graphic designers and photographers to develop content for a 32-page magazine.
- Collaborated with editorial team to integrate a new design format to the magazine, distributed to 1,500 people.
- Worked with college administration on content strategy, budget and content approval.
Second Vice President, National Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow July 2011 – August 2012
- Managed organizations public relations, including preparing 10 press releases and managing social media properties.
- Editor of ACTion newsletter and responsible for all content, distributed to ACT members 6 per year.
- Served as alumni liaison for industry events including the Agricultural Media Summit and American Royal Stock Show.
Communications Intern, Central Coast Vineyard Team June 2011 – June 2012
- Managed communication outlets including press releases, video editing and monitoring social media properties.
- Coordinated volunteers for Earth Day Food and Wine Festival, an annual fundraising event with over 100 volunteers.
- Assisted in managing grower relations and education through workshops, meetings and fundraising events.
Honors and Activities
National Agri-Marketers Association, North Central Chapter, 2012 – present
Cal Poly Agricultural Communications Advisory Council, 2012
Cal Poly Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow Second Vice President, 2011-2012
Mortar Board – Tassels Chapter Secretary, 2011-2012
Department of Agricultural Education and Communication Student Fee Committee, 2010-2012
American FFA Degree, 2010
References Available Upon Request